Profil Area Thermo-Fluids & Interfaces (TFI)
The profile area Thermo-Fluids & Interfaces (TFI) consolidates numerous research activities at the TU Darmstadt in the fields of fluid dynamics, combustion, and heat and mass transfer.
In particular, it attempts to promote fundamental and contractual research involving more than one institute. This is accomplished on the one hand by making known internally and to external partners the potential and capabilities available at the TU Darmstadt; on the other hand the TFI assists with necessary internal organisational and contractual measures to realise such projects.
Global scientific objectives: ·
- Understanding transport phenomena (mass, momentum,energy and species) ·
- Modelling and predicting transport processes ·
- Controlling transport processes ·
- Optimising the influencing parameters to increase efficiency of processes and machines ·
- Designing and realising technical demonstrators ·
- Transferring knowledge, methods and techniques into industrial applications
In cooperation with the TFI the workshops "Short Course on Atomization & Sprays" were hosted in Darmstadt. This workshop aims to give a broad theoretical and practial insight in the theory of droplet dynamics, both numerically and experimentally. More information on this course can be found here.